Our Privacy Principles are as below:
- We’re deeply committed to creating a safe and secure online environment for you.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We established HomeworkBD as an educational website so that our mission of education and your trust will not be in conflict with a for-profit motive.
- We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
- We take extra precautions for our younger learners, including restricting child accounts to automatically block features that would allow a child to post or disclose personal information.
Collection of information
We collect information in the following ways, depending on your use of the Service and your account settings:
Examples of information we may collect includes:
- We collect information from you directly, such as when you create an account, communicate with us, participate in activities, events or surveys, or otherwise provide information during your use of the Service.
- We may collect information from others, such as your parent, teacher, or School, or third parties (meaning organizations outside of HomeworkBD), such as third-party applications that you use to connect to the Service.
- We collect some information automatically, such as information about your use of the Service and the devices you use to access the Service.
- Account registration information (username, mobile/phone number, and email)
- Information about your browser or device, and general location
- Information you choose to include in your profile or post in public areas of the Service
- Information you may provide in connection with specific features or special programs
- Non-personal information which may be linked to your personal information, including Information about your use of our Service
Use of information
HomeworkBD uses information collected for the purposes of:
We may also use de-identified or aggregated information for product development, research, analytics and other purposes, including for the purpose of analyzing, improving or marketing our Service, for demonstrating the impact of our Service, or conducting educational research.
- providing the Service
- personalizing your experience
- communicating with you about your account and our Service (including responding to inquiries and sharing information about new features and offerings that may be of interest)
- enabling your participation in special programs that we may offer in partnerships with third parties (if you choose to participate in such special programs)
- understanding and improving our Service, and developing new or improved educational offerings
Sharing and disclosure of information
HomeworkBD takes great care to protect the personal information you provide to us. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. This section explains circumstances in which we may share personal information with third parties.
We may share personal information:
- with other users of our Service, if you use features that enable you to share your information with (or make it accessible to) others.
- with Vendors, consultants and other service providers working on our behalf
- with other users that are associated with your account, such as a parent, teacher or coach.
- with your school, if you are using our Service for school purposes.
Transparency and your choice
We take privacy very seriously. We strive to put you in control of the choices and decisions regarding your personal information.
We understand that your personal information is important to you, and that is why you have choices in how your personal information is used and shared. We want you to have access to your personal information, so that you can help keep it as accurate as possible.
For example, you can choose whether to create an account (or use the Service without registering). If you register for an account, you can:
In some cases, administrative controls for accounts used in a school setting, including the ability to modify or delete the account, are held by the school.
- Limit optional information you provide
- Choose whether you wish to share personal information with (and use) third party services
- Choose whether to add a coach to your account
- Choose whether you wish to receive optional email
- Update, correct, and delete your account information through your account settings
Your account settings
We want you to have access to your information, so that you can help keep it as accurate as possible. If you register and provide HomeworkBD with information, you may update, correct, or delete your account and information at any time by reviewing your profile information and preferences on your account settings page.
Parents (not Children) can modify or delete Child User accounts. Parents or school users who request to modify or delete School Accounts may be directed to the school.
Security of your personal information
HomeworkBD is committed to securing your personal information.
Some of the ways in which we protect your personal information include:
Some of the ways in which we encourage you to protect your personal information include:
- We encrypt your personal information when it is stored at rest
- We protect your personal information with encryption during transmission over the public Internet
- We use reasonable organizational and technical safeguards designed to help protect the privacy and security of your personal information
We use reasonable safeguards to protect our Service and your personal information, but no security measures are perfect.
- We encourage you to create a username that does not reveal your identity
- We encourage you to create (and keep) a strong password
- We encourage you to be thoughtful about what you post and continue to learn about online safety
Links to Third Parties
- You should consult the privacy policies of those third-party websites.
Please contact HomeworkBD with any questions or comments.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: HomeworkBD, Road-11, House-6, Kallyanpur, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh.
Schools and Student Use
Creation of School Accounts: Please note that in order for School User accounts to be associated with a School and recognized as School Accounts (as defined in our Terms of Service), the accounts must be created by or at the direction of a School, using a school email address and associated with a School’s class on the Service. For example, a School Account is created when:
In cases where we do not have a separate contract with an educational agency, we may require notification that the accounts are used for school purposes in order to recognize them as School Accounts. If you are a School, please contact us to learn more about how to ensure that student accounts are set up and managed as School Accounts.
- a teacher creates the user’s name, login and password to establish School User accounts and creates a class on the Service
- an account is created by a School User at the direction of a School, using a school email address and associated with a School’s class on the Service
Children’s Privacy Notice
HomeworkBD is committed to Children’s privacy.
Protecting the privacy of Children is especially important to HomeworkBD. For that reason, we created certain features designed to help protect personal information relating to Children (“Child Users”). When a Child creates an account, we seek the consent of a parent or legal guardian (“Parent”) for that account. When HomeworkBD is used by a School in an educational setting, we rely on the school to provide the requisite consent, on behalf of the Parent, for HomeworkBD to collect information from a School User under the age of 13.
If you wish to exercise a right, please Contact HomeworkBD. Our ability to respond to specific requests may be limited by applicable law and the functionality of our Service.
International Data Transfer: Our Service is operated and managed on servers located within the Bangladesh. If you choose to use our Service from USA or Europe or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that differ from Bangladesh law, then you acknowledge that HomeworkBD will transfer, store, and process your personal information to the Bangladesh for the purpose of performing the Service according to our contract and for any other purpose for which you provide explicit, informed consent.